Friday, September 17, 2010

Scenes from a day in Linz!

Was gibt es zum Mittagessen?

That's right, today I ate delicious Bratwürste und Sauerkraut!

I'm slowly adjusting to having to use German in my daily life. I learned a lesson yesterday, one should always have coffee before attempting to speak foreign languages! My problem was, that to receive the coffee I had to speak in a foreign language! I had a serious "deer in headlights" moment when she told me how much the coffee cost. She said, "2 euro 25 bitte," and all I heard was "2 euro" and then I stood there staring for a minute before she finally had to hold fingers up. The saddest part of this story is that this problem also happens to me in English!


Here are some more pictures from my life in Linz thus far:


This is the Hauptplatz or center of town where all the action happens!


Der wöchentliche Bauermarkt!

Shelly would appreciate this. It reminds me of New York's Farmers Markets only in miniature!


Bunte Blumen auf der Straße!

I did have an Eliza Doolittle moment and thought about breaking out into a rousing chorus of "Wouldn't it be Loverly," but I thought that the Austrians might find it a tad odd. Maybe I should translate it first? (just joking, I only break out into song on the streets of New York where nobody cares!) (I also only translate songs from Wicked...)


I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this photo! It's the austrian answer to Bounty! I saw this in an Apotheke and laughed a little hysterically! I hope you all find it as gratifying as I do.


I took this one for Dad...I feel that I need say no more!

I love you all and hope to talk to everyone soon!

Liebe Grüße!

Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment